We are familiar with the feeling of last-minute packing. Before you travel make sure you have all of your travel essentials packed, by double checking against our travel checklist.
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
- Please ensure that all of your travel documentation is prepared. Ensure that your passport has at least six months validity left.
- If you are travelling abroad, please ensure that you have all the necessary documentation, Visa’s Currencies and Travel insurances before you travel.
- Make sure you have all of your itinerary confirmations (tickets and hotel vouchers) and make relevant copies of them.
- Ensure you have national/international roaming activated on your mobile devices or have purchased sim-cards/calling cards for the countries being visited.
- Please ensure that you have taken all the necessary medication and vaccinations before you travel.
- Make sure you use TSA approved locks for your check-in bags when travelling international.
- Most importantly don’t forget your suitcase and you’re smile. You’re on holiday.
USEFUL ITEMS IN YOUR HAND LUGGAGE
- Handpicked Hotels
- Passports and all visas
- Itinerary for all your travel arrangements
- Important and Emergency Phone numbers
- Airline tickets and hotel documentation
- Credit cards and if necessary driving license
- Foreign currency/travelers’ cheques
- Travel Adaptors/ Multi-Plug – Recommended for remote areas
- Camera, mobile phone / MP3 players
- Chargers / Batteries
- Books / magazines for the beach - or any guide books for exploring
- Snacks / Chocolates
- Jacket/ Sweatshirt / Jumper (could get cold in aircrafts for overnight flights)
- Paper and Pencil/Pen
- Mosquito repellent and relevant medicines
- Nail Cutter
- Spectacles or contact lenses –If one wears glasses or lenses then an alternate set should be kept.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Small water bottle
- Plastic Bags / Plastic Zip Lock Bags
- Twist-ties, safety pins
USEFUL ITEMS FOR CHECKED-IN LUGGAGE
- Clothes – T-shirts, shirts, shorts, trousers, underwear, socks.
- Footwear – Trainers, shoes, slippers
- Headwear – Hats or caps
- Travel adaptors
TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN
- Activity books / magazines / Nintendo / PSP
- Snacks and drinks
- Travel sickness medicine
- Change of clothes in hand luggage
- Favorite teddy / toy
- Travel sweets
TRAVELLING WITH BABIES
- Nappies / changing mat
- Milk Powder
- Baby food
- Tooth soothers / Comforter
- Nappy cream
MOUNTAINS MUST HAVES
- Digital Thermometer
- Cold Cream
- Lip Guard
- Hats / Caps
- Heavy Woolen Clothing including woolen socks (Severe Cold / Snow).
- Woolen Hand Gloves (Severe Cold / Snow)
- At least 2 pairs of thermal. Those of you who don’t know where to buy them, you can check the amazon link at: Full Sleeves Round Neck Thermal Top & Trouser Set
BEACH MUST HAVES
- Hats / Caps
- Sunscreen lotion (SPF 50 or greater) / Sunblock
- 2-3 Extra Shorts
- An extra slipper and extra towel for back pack
- Beach Towels
- Thin single bed sheet – if not interested in beach shack / bed always
- Beach Towels
- Lip Guard with sunscreen
- Long-sleeved over shirt and a thin pair of pants as night gets a bit cold at beaches
MEDICINES OR FIRST-AID KIT
Disclaimer–Always consult your doctor before taking any of these.
- ORS or ORS-L Tetra Packs at least 5 in number
- Pain Relief Spray/Cream/Gel
- Betadine – Antiseptic cream
- Savlon or Dettol – Antiseptic solution
- Combiflaim or Flexon – Pain Killers
- Crocin or Paracetamol – Mild Fever
- Avomine – Relief from Dizziness, Motion Sickness and Vomiting
- Digene – Relief from Flatulence, Indigestion, acidity (mild)
- Zinetac 150mg – Acidity or gastric problems (only if severe)
- Eno Sachets – Quick Gastric Relief
- Entroquinol – Relief from Loose motion (mild)
- Metrogyl – Relief from Loose motion (high)
- D-Cold Total or Vicks Action 500 for cold
- Pudin Hara for stomachache
- Allegra – Anti-allergy
- Crepe Bandage – 2 (for fractures)
- Band-Aid Fast Heal Wash proof – Long, Square and circle patches
- Cotton and Dressing Bandage
- Becosules for vitamin B-complex
- Eye Tone for soothing eyes
- Nasivion for blocked and dry nose
- Ongoing Regular Medicines, if any